Thursday, December 6, 2012

Village Days

December 3, 2012


I have been having a pretty solid weekend chilling in the village, I went to the beach with Suli on Saturday and I have been fai-ing kava pretending I speak Tongan. I went to Mormon church this time and had an amazing lunch at a family’s house (lu that was all the way cooked and awesome). The Missionary at the Mormon is white and speaks amazing Tongan so he has set the bar for me really high in the Mormon community (good thing there aren’t that many Mormons in my village). After church I hung out and went to kava again, which is the best way to spend a Sunday I have decided. This morning there wasn’t school because there was a holiday (yay sleeping-in!) a kid woke me up at 6:30 to get a plate (oh that’s right you can’t sleep-in in this country), shortly after that a family came to bring me a chicken, (Tonga has two types of chicken, imported that you can buy frozen or moa Tonga, which is like fresh killed chicken and it is delicious) I cooked it to perfection with the special hot sauce I got (kind of took) from a restaurant in town. Pretty much just try to adjust to slowness of life around here until school starts again in February.



No comments:

Post a Comment