Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Best Eva Ever

December 22, 2012


I had the best Eva ever today! I just felt like I needed to get out after doing nothing really so I went on a walk around my village and shortly after I set out I got invited in to eat, I had already eaten so I just had some otai. The next house down gave me a bag full of bananas and then I ran into the guys drinking kava. After drinking kava for a bit I walked to the Church of Tonga and got a bag of candy and free ice cream! Around Christmas, each church does a day where the give out candy and small toys to the kids in the village. I just happen to be walking by at the right time- more because the men in the kava circle told me to leave so I could go and catch the free candy. After spending some time at my house I went for another eva at night and got to talking with some people and went to a house to grab someone to go drink kava. While we were waiting for the guy to get ready I was talking to the dad and had a little language mix up, instead of talking about the daughter being hungry and I would eat if food where out I just agreed that I would eat so they gave me a dinner plate and then made me some warm milk with coffee- I guess it went a long with the theme of the day…



No comments:

Post a Comment