Thursday, February 14, 2013

Holonga Walking Club

February 14, 2013




Last Thursday I attempted to start a walking group with women in my village, after telling them during a PTA meeting to meet me on Thursday in front of the church. I went and no one showed; this was after I went to the weaving hut and they told me they would be right there, I even tried yelling at people from the front of the falekoloa… This time I was on a mission, with the help of the PTA chair, Sina, I went around my village and I to the weaving huts, I also went up to every women/ yelled to every women on the way and waited in front of them until they agreed to come. After a bit I had gathered a pretty sizable group without even counting the elementary school kids (almost all of them) who decided they wanted to come too. I took the women walking along the main road for about half an hour, by the end we decided we would all go walking 2 days a week- I hope I don’t have to parade around the village





No comments:

Post a Comment