Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sleepovers

August 26, 2013


I ended up having am impromptu sleep over at my house when during school a class 3 boy, Samu Si’I, was telling the kids how we had fried breadfruit at his house that weekend and told me he would bring me bread fruit later to make it again. Of course I didn’t really imagine this idea panning out but surely enough around 7 pm I here Sammy banging on my door. Si’i and Maloni, a class 5, had come ready to cook and sleep over. As Maloni prepared the breadfruit I went with Samu to buy catch-up from one of the falekoloas, on our trip we picked up one of my favorite kids, Liu, he is in his first year of high school which starts at 12 here.


We all had a good time frying up the breadfruit chips and making banana bread and then when everything was done we put on a movie, a cartuni at the request of Samu. With Samu asleep within the first 10 minutes of the movie and Maloni falling asleep next to him I realized that they were not joking and they definitely where sleeping over. I made them a little bed on the ground and Liu and I finished the movie and I then I walked him home (he was scared of the devil on the walk home).


IMG_3935


This is Samu Si'i (Little Samual)


IMG_3938


Maloni


IMG_3947



Me eating our Tongan Chips


IMG_3948


Liu Leka (Liu Jr.)


IMG_3952


Sammy being a boss


IMG_3936


Maloni and Liu



No comments:

Post a Comment