Friday, March 29, 2013

Malimail! (Smile!)

March 21, 2013


there is a program in Tongan were some volunteers drive out to the villages about twice a month and help teach the kids about brushing their teeth. Oral health is important to me so this is now something I do with the kids every day after lunch. I get to ring the bell and all the kids come running, yelling "fufulu nifo!" (which means brush teeth). It is a fun thing I get to do with them everyday and it makes me laugh because they always have so much toothpaste ever where, that plus I get to say pupu, which means rinse in Tongan.


The kids are supplied a toothbrush that they keep in an empty plastic bottle at the school and when it's time they bring out their bottles and line up like this


IMG_3015



No comments:

Post a Comment