Thursday, November 22, 2012

Church With a Side of Church Please

November 18, 2012



Sundays in Tongan are church, mohe (sleep), eat, mohe, church, eat, mohe. I literally spent more hours at church on Sunday then I did in my entire four years in undergrad. It wasn’t too bad though, the singing is pretty good and it is not like I have much else to do. After morning church they dropped off a ton of food at my house and left (here I thought I would be having a huge Sunday dinning experience with a family, what gives?), I decided to make the most of it and put on a movie. My 13 year-old friend (who is my next door neighbor and comes to keep me company everyday) Suli came over and was taken enthralled by Ironman 2, by the time I got back from my 3rd round of church we had a small viewing party of the movie. It is nice have a house where people can congregate, hopefully after my Tongan improves my house guest will be over the age of 14...



1 comment:

  1. If you run out of movies, break out the cards...beware though because they are all kaka...but so much fun!

    ReplyDelete