Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Village Gossip

October 8, 2012



It’s official! Katy is now “dating” my host brother Koni. They have gone eva pe-ing (walking) together and had a few close encounters in the bush… Katy was asked to tou’a on Sunday, which was great for me because it meant I had to try and get down more kava after spending a whole Saturday evening force myself to drink the goop. It turned out to be successful because I was able to get out of drinking a lot of kava, and Katy got to see what I deal with on a regular basses. The combination of really dirty jokes and dirty old men trying to hit on the server (which was her in this case), and the being absolutely clueless when people are talking to you and asking you questions. We both agreed that the best feeling is when people talk to you and you have no idea what they are saying to you just respond with io (yes) and then the person just laughs and stops trying to communicate with you… My night turned out great because after dodging my kava turns for a while I was able to duck out an hour early at 12 and go to bed; Katy’s night ended well because she got to participate in game of tonsil hockey with my host brother in the bush near her house surrounded by barking dogs at 2 am.



No comments:

Post a Comment