Wednesday, November 20, 2013

They're Here, They're Here!



12/11/2013


After a year of Group 77, team Vava’u got the new recruits from Group 78. 6 new PCVs arrived on the boat wide eyed and overwhelmed. The new group is all girls and the are all spread out around the main island. At first we (Harrison, Mandy, and I) had a lot of talks about how we feel about the new group with Harrison and I decideing we were some what abivilent and Mandy practically drooling over the opportunity to finally have girls to hangout with. It turns out Harrison and I are not as ambivalent as we thought, in fact we are quite excited to have some new blood around. It is nice to see some new faces and be able to share some of our knowledge.


The arrival of the new PCVs could not have come at a better time, I am feeling great about my service, school is coming to an end, and I have never felt more integrated in my community. It is so awesome to have new volunteers come at a time when i feel like I am at the top of my time here. I wish them the best of luck and can only hope they have as amazing a time as I have had so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment