Thursday, May 16, 2013

Find The Smell!

May 16, 2013



I played my first game of “Find That Smell!” today. It is a pretty simple game that us, here in Peace Corps Tonga (and I am sure in many other PC countries), like to play. The game play is simple- you simply administer poison to anyone of your bugs/ rodents- most common, obviously being the rat, and you wait for it to dies and start to decay. When the smell has reach its prime you simply follow it (if you’re lucky you will get help from the flies) to your prize!


My game was played with a rat. I have had a rat for awhile and since I only had one and felt bad I didn’t want to kill it so I just let it have my house as long as it only came out after 10 pm and didn’t go in my room- it seem to understand this deal. I didn’t know that rats here are a bit more hungry/ aggressive and it ate through 2 of my plastic storage bins- one being my spice bin and chewed through a plastic bottle of salt and a few other select spices. After the spice bin and the massive amounts of feces it left everywhere, I decided I needed to just end it. I got some poison tablets from town and gave them to the rat a week ago, I am pretty sure he was a super rat because he just started to smell today and I doubt it really takes that long. Lucky for me it was during my site visit from the Peace Corps Medical Doctor! She wished me happy hunting after she left and I felt glad to have a doctor who knew a little about volunteer life.



No comments:

Post a Comment